Ken Loh: LIVE
KEN LOH: LIVE (29th Dec 2018, 7pm - 845pm)Almost a year after the release of his debut EP "songs about them.", Ken is returning to Singapore for his first ticketed show at the Esplanade Recital Studio, 29th December 2018. Inspired by the likes of Bon Iver, Ben Howard, Damien Rice and Matt Corby, this show will feature reimagined tracks from ‘songs about them.’ and new songs from his upcoming release.
It has been an amazing journey from the streets of Orchard Road to the big stage and fans will get to experience a full-fledged headline concert for the first time in 3 years. This long-anticipated show will feature special guests such as Sam Driscoll, Umar Sirhan, Hasyir Ibrahim and Kyla T.
Ken Loh will be supported by Hasyir Ibrahim (Lead Guitar), Umar Sirhan (Keys), Kyla T (Synths) and friends. The show will be opened by Sam Driscoll.
Characterised by his raw vocals and story-telling songwriting, Ken is a 22-year-old Singaporean singer/songwriting with deep interests in indie folk and indie rock music. Inspired by the likes of Matt Corby, Damien Rice, Bon Iver & Ben Howard, Ken croons with a grainy lower register tone, writing music with ardent fervour and impassioned sentiment.
In 2015, Ken began street performing as a means of musical expression. This brought about many opportunities that eventually lead to plans for his debut 6-track EP, "songs about them". "songs about them." was recorded and produced by Edric Hwang of GRYD Studios in 2017. Moved by the story-telling nature of folk music, "songs about them." speaks introspectively of 6 distinct experiences with 6 individuals, journalling personal stories of family, love, loss and acceptance. "songs about them." was released in January 2018 and reached #2 on the iTunes Top 200 Alternative Genre chart as well as #14 on the iTunes Top 200 All Genres chart. The tracks, "Confused" (single) and "Lip Service", reached #6 and #40 respectively on the Spotify Top Viral 50 All Genres chart. The opening track of the EP, "Shadows", reached #15 on the iTunes Top 200 Alternative Genre chart.
iTunes SG: https://itunes.apple.com/sg/album/id1319275531
*Show ends at 845pm, ignore the published time of 945pm.
Early Bird - $15
General Admission - $20
At the Door - $25
Rating / Age Limit
- No admission for infants in arms and children below 3 years old
- Children 3 years and above must purchase a ticket for entry
- Admission is subject to tickets produced at the entrance
Late Seating Advisory:
- Please be seated 15 minutes before the performance start time. There will be no admission into the venue once the performance has commenced. Admission may only be permitted during a suitable pause, depending on the nature of the performance
Photography / Video Recording Rules
- No Photography, Video recording and Audio recording is permitted for this event
- No outside food and beverage is allowed into the venue.
- The event description was updated. Diff#387193 2018-11-13 01:43:32